Student Q&A with Guy on "One Small Step into a New Understanding, a Giant Leap of Liberation" (11/13/22)
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2022
Meeting: Sunday, November 13, 2022
Duration: 39min 39sec
- What we have called our life up until now cannot possibly be the totality of our possibilities.
- The first person to feel any form of hatred or resentment is the one who holds it, protects it, and projects it.
- Unconscious choices are made in order to protect what that level of consciousness deems as being valuable.
- Truth is a pathless land and belongs to another order of being that is already in you.
- The real nature of liberation is the living relationship that individuals have with what completes them.
- Identification with anything, especially with a reaciton to a disturbance, is a self-created prison.
- The temptation that appears with the reaction to a disturbance is to figure out what to do about the disturbance.
- The compulsion to analyze a reaction is a mechanical response of the consciousness that doesn't want the reaction.
- Choices that are acted upon to resolve disturbances serve to reincarnate the consciousness that creates those choices.
- Aside from everyday practical matters, real life does not call for "life or death" emergency decisions that must be made on the spot in order to protect what you think you are. Those pressure-filled choices are the continuation of the self that is in conflict.
- The true choice is to be momentarily choiceless, which is the natural response to the disturbance that serves to reveal everything about the chooser and its choices.
- The choice to be momentarily choiceless is the pathless land, which is agreeing to be with what you see rather than agreeing to do something about what you see. Higher awareness is choiceless-ness.
- The task is to see and then die to the consciousness that believes it must make choices in order to save itself. See the nature of what is choosing. See the futility of trying to save yourself from fear.