- It is destructive to hate another human being. It is destructive to be afraid. It is destructive to rush, to be anxious, to worry.
- The unconscious mind is forever bringing up something that it can identify with.
- The realization of a new possibility is the same as becoming aware of an old limitation.
- What determines our possibilities in any given moment is what we are connected to in that moment.
- "I am the vine, and ye are the branches." The vine and the branch represent levels of consciousness, levels of being. Each level of being depends on its connection to the level above it.
- When you don't want a moment, it is not the actual moment that you don't want. What you really don't want is a memory in your mind that has usurped the present moment.
- The branch of self, that calls itself the vine, is looking only to give itself the continuation of its own experience.
- Memory is a web of associations, and each new strand increases the stickiness of the web, making it easier to get stuck in the past.
- We will never find security and love by revisiting and reconfiguring the past through memory.
- Spiritual sleep is a default connection to a level of being that is in a dream world, a world of mechanical thought and unconscious imagination.
- Thought is downstream from the influence that triggers it.
- Start connecting your experience of every moment to what it is that you value.
- When a person is authentically connected to the vine (the Divine), then it is impossible to not help others as well as yourself.
- Being constantly connected means being constantly willing to receive revelation without allowing your mind to add anything to it.
- The moment you don't want does not exist without the memory of what you DO want.
- When you ask, "What am I connected to?" Do not answer the question with another thought. That question cannot be answered by thought. Allow the quiet awareness to answer.
- Be the seer of the moment, not the explainer of it. If you do that, then you will see where and how something wants to explain each moment.
- Do not try to achieve being nonattached. That is attachment to an idea about non-attachment. Instead SEE the pain and strain in being attached.
- The part of you that resists the moment is complicit in the unwanted moment's continuation.
- Memory is not meant to be our master like it is now. Right relationship to memory is the recognition of that.
Starting Over / New Beginnings