- When we fall on our faces it isn't because God wants us to fail, we're actually being invited to discover another order of ourselves.
- Events themselves are neutral. The character of the event, good or bad, is determined by what we want from it. We meet events with a body of wants that we didn't know we had before the event. The event reveals our wants.
- You know you're making progress in your spiritual work when you get tired of not knowing who to be.
- Built-in to the idea of tolerating others is the belief that I am superior to them.
- Fear and imitation are synonymous.