- There's a disconnect between what we hear in church vs. what our lives are actually like day to day
- Finding one's true strength is not intended to happen for 30 minutes on Sunday but is a moment-to-moment discovery
- The passage "those who have ears to hear and eyes to see" relates to metanoia and repent: turning in a new direction as a result of a new mind. The new direction is to turn inward, become still.
- Real forgiveness is found in similarity, when I see that you and I are the same; when I see that, I have to let go
- We have become a race of human beings that is more defined by what we're against than what we're for
- This life is not a race to win, it's a school for our higher education
- I can either continue to blame and hate, or I can wake up to the hater
- The kingdom of heaven is within the Light that reveals negative states within us, and this leads to the real crucifixion and rebirth