- Don't waste your life living the life of someone else.
- Do you want to be relaxed and content doing what you are doing at any given the moment? Or do you want to chase after psychological and physical possessions until you finally have enough? When is enough, enough?
- Every human being is a captive of ambition of one form or another. Ambition can never be satisfied.
- Greed is ambition not able to fulfill itself.
- The reason for our chronic discontent and fear is wanting to be something other than what we are.
- Our life's work up until this point, without knowing it, has been to not want to be what we are and thus to become something other than we are.
- It is time that creates the idea of freedom, but real freedom is not in time.
- The true work of all that is created is to fulfill the unique purpose for which it was created.
- The purpose of every creation is to do what nothing else in creation can do, which is to be what nothing else in creation can be.
- To complete the purpose of your existence is to be a part of the whole, which is to die to the separate self.
- We want to be someone other than we already are because we do not know who we are.
- The continuation of painful false beliefs and images cannot be separated from the sense of self that identifies with them.
- Stop trying to make yourself into something special. Instead allow yourself to be made into something essential.
- Captivity and imagination go hand in hand. You don't need imagination to be free. It is done.
- Consciously suffer the part of you that tells you what you need to do to be new. You don't have to DO anything in order to BE who/what you already are. Trying to be new is old.
- Compassion is one of the fruits of conscious suffering.
- Fear is produced by something attempting to find the end of what it doesn't want.
Starting Over / New Beginnings