Student Q&A with Guy on "Keys to Creating a Lasting Connection with the Divine, Part 1" (8/27/21)
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021
Meeting: Friday, August 27, 2021
Duration: 18min 17sec
- All things have their natural place where they prosper.
- Our true nature must be returned to it's authentic, original place in the scheme of creation, where it is properly nourished. But how do we return to this celestial home that is within?
- Our relationship with the Divine is only entered into by the realization of a new order of attention.
- As goes our attention so comes our experience. Without attention, there is no connection. Without connection, there is no relationship. Without relationship, there is no exchange (relationship IS exchange). Without exchange, there is no communion. Without communion, there is no possibility of integration.
- When there is no separation between the observer and the observed, then one is completely new and nothing is missing.
- The self that seeks disappears when the observer is the observed.
- There is no real separation at all between the consciousness that observes and what it is observing. It is a singularity, an invisible unity.
- Our senses tell us that we are separate from what we see and experience in any given moment.
- What we usually think of as attention is the unconscious instrument and movement of desire. Desire promises to deliver us home, but it takes us into ITS house.
- The new order of attention we are talking about is not asleep to desire, and it is not passive to impressions and reactions. That higher level of consciousness is not limited to the "not/not-want" field of desire.
- In an unwanted moment, the first action of a lower level of consciousness is to be remanded over to passive associations that prove to us that the negativity we feel about the moment is justified. That first action is useless suffering. It is the essence of futility.
- The new first action is to become aware of the unconscious reaction. Our first action must be to see where we are and reclaim our attention.
- Double attention means that I am aware of, and connected to, the interior world and the exterior world at the same time. Double attention ends the illusion of separation. In that unity is another order of being that is our true home. That singularity is true self.
- When the observer and the observed are brought together, then there is a reconciliation of all things that had been in conflict.
- The beauty of true spirituality is that it is always provable in every moment. You are the experience of the divine itself.
- There is no judgment in innocence.
- When another person sets us off, the divided consciousness believes in that moment that we would never be like that person.