12 of 181 Items
Topic: Transforming the Present Moment into a Living Prayer (Classroom Talk 1/11/23)
Topics covered: We meet life through our understanding of it. If we want to change our experience of life, then we will first need to change our understanding of it; We psychologically chain people to our demands whenever they don't do what we want them to do; Your attention is a form of request. Everything that you attend to, even if you are not aware of it, is a form of prayer...
Classroom Talk: 1/11/2023 - Just being fully present to yourself negates 95% of your missteps in life; the other 5% of the time, when you have to pick yourself up off the ground, serves to remind you of how important it is to always be watchful of "where" you are, and "who" is talking to you as you walk through life.
Where is my attention? Guy Finley explains why this is an important question. The resistance I feel when things don't go the way I want them to go isn't resistance to what's happening but to my unseen expectations of how I think things should be. Then my mind connects my attention to my body, and my body literally becomes a mirror of that internal conflict.
Topics covered: There are experiences that are very clearly an indication of another order of consciousness; We all live in an invisible field where an immediate exchange of a certain kind of energy takes place between the observer and the observed; All reactions are registered in a field of awareness; The mind is active when it's busy trying to figuring out the choices it has to resolve a disturbance...
How do I live with no mind in the present moment is answered by Guy Finley with insights that help you to see the need to be aware of yourself all the times.
Student Talks: 10/14/2022 - Key Lesson: Without an anchor, a ship is carried off by any shallow current or wave that passes beneath its bow. And so it is with us... as long as we try to navigate through this life without being able to anchor our attention in a place of our own choosing.
Our work, in terms of reclaiming our right as human beings to be in relationship with what we choose to be in relationship with, begins with being able to see that we suffer because choices are made for us. And it's an unnecessary suffering.
Topics covered: There is no condition outside of yourself that is responsible for your negative reactions; What you want is presently the most important thing in your life. But the truly most important thing that you have been given is your attention; As goes your attention, so comes your experience. As goes your experience, so comes your sense of self...
Classroom Talk: 10/9/2022 - Without an anchor, a ship is carried off by any shallow current or wave that passes beneath its bow. And so it is with us... as long as we try to navigate through this life without being able to anchor our attention in a place of our own choosing.
Topic: Live Every Moment of Life As If It's for the First Time (Classroom Talk 9/28/22)
Topics covered: What is the point of an experience if it carries us right back to where we started?; What is the point of experience if not to learn and grow inwardly through the experience?; You cannot separate how you experience any given moment from the corresponding sense of yourself in that same moment; We are presently always giving ourselves a familiar sense of ourselves moment to moment...