- You are not intended to get around, to escape from, difficult moments.
- Until you understand the consciousness that reacts to difficult moments, your experience of life will continue to be unwanted.
- It is impossible to embrace a difficult moment until you gain some insight into the purpose of that moment.
- Resistance is identifying with what the mind interprets as being a threat.
- Living in fear of death is the worst thing that can happen to you.
- To accept yourself as you are is to enter into a completely different relationship with life.
- The right thing to do with each moment is to accept everything that is being given to you to see about yourself.
- An intellectual grasp of spiritual ideas doesn't release you from the hands of a negative reaction. You must be a part of the moment, which includes the negative reaction, in order to be released from it.
- Time's great purpose is the perfection of the creation it has brought forth.
- The inner determines the outer. That is the great spiritual law that governs everything. But according to today's upside-down world, the overriding directive is that the outer determines the inner.
- All actions are downstream from the choices that give rise to them. All choices are downstream from the unconscious nature that has unconscious reactions.
- You cannot finish the moment from outside of it. And there is no such thing as being outside the moment except in imagination.
- Resistance to a moment is the continuation of the moment that is resisted.
- Is there any moment of creation that is ever really finished? Or is creation always being born again?
- We must learn what it means to participate in moments we don't want, which are the moments of creation in which the Creator is continually perfecting creation.
- Instead of looking out at the world, you can learn to see from behind your own eyes, which means to reclaim your attention, to bring it inside, aware of the consciousness, seeing the reaction to the condition instead of just following the reaction as it blames the condition.
Starting Over / New Beginnings