- We cannot add anything to what we already are by pursuing what we want.
- There can be nothing more upside-down than people being unable to see that their life is being given to them.
- "Hope in things seen" is the same as hope in a time to come. Wanting (and not wanting) is always in time.
- There is a wisdom that transcends desire.
- Whatever state you find yourself in, right now in the present moment, is what you have earned based on what you have done with your life up until this point.
- Every ambition-filled plan is an identification with a thought about a time to come that will inevitably not satisfy.
- Four stages of wanting: 1. We are content with what we are occupied with, 2. The moment is interrupted by the introduction of new object of desire, 3. Attention is placed on that new object of desire, 4. We identify with this new desire, this new want.
- Whenever we don't want to be where we are, we are wanting to be somewhere else and placing our hope in a time to come.
- We have to keep thinking about what we want in order to ensure that what we want stays in place.
- Talking to yourself is very often connected to not being able to get what you want.
- Whatever captures our attention -- so that we no longer have possession of it -- has a want or a not-want associated with it.
- The fallen state of humanity has almost completely lost connection with the source of its life.
- Wants that were planted a long time ago manifest as pain and unconscious suffering in the present moment. Conscious suffering is seeing that.
- You are not here on Earth to work for yourself, in part because you do not even know what "yourself" is.
- Wanting (beyond what we naturally need) is the avoidance of suffering.
- There is another order of consciousness that does not think about the actions it needs to take. Seeing and action are one thing. Confusion only exists in a consciousness that is divided, not able to see that it IS what it is experiencing in the moment.
- You cannot separate what you've earned in this life from the master that you work for.
Starting Over / New Beginnings