Student Q&A with Guy on "Let Go and Let Something Really Good Start Happening to You!" (12/16/20)
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2020
Meeting: Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Duration: 25min 54sec
- The awakening of conscience is the beginning of the return journey to our original spiritual home.
- "If I am not for myself, then who will be? If I am just for myself, then what am I? If not now, then when?" -- Hillel the Elder
- We presently live from a divided level of consciousness that believes it is impossible to be for ourselves AND for others at the same time. That consciousness believes that what it sees is outside of itself, and it is not aware of the connection between itself and what it sees.
- When everything is "out there" according to our perception, then there is judgment and conflict, which is painful. That level of consciousness is blind and cannot see itself.
- Relationships in life that seem to be outside of us are intended to act as a mirror and as a source of revelation.
- What remains concealed cannot be healed. Resistance is the same as the consciousness trying to conceal itself.
- Understanding our relationship to eternal laws is self-liberation.
- The consciousness that sees everything as being outside of itself must find something to blame for the negativity that it believes has been thrust upon it.
- The appearance of resistance is intended to serve a higher purpose than how it is presently used by the consciousness that sees everything as being outside of itself.
- Unwanted moments are created for a divine purpose: to reveal the content of ourselves that keeps us from being free. As we awaken to that consciousness, we are released from its confinement and its limitations.
- The divided consciousness is set against itself but doesn't know it. And that is the revelation. Awakening to what has been concealed is the beginning of the healing of that consciousness.
- It is natural to feel resistance; what is not natural is to allow that resistance to turn into an unnatural demand.
- Giving yourself up is really the same as being for yourself in the right way.
- The path of negation is the process of dying to false beliefs and images that get in the way of our relationship with another, higher order of consciousness that was always there from the beginning.
- We are intended to be a ceaseless witness of an internal creation that is never static, which means that there is no final destination and no end to the journey.
- The very wish to escape suffering is a consciousness that believes the suffering comes at it from outside of itself.
- In a true moment of revelation there is no one there who knows. The one who believes he or she knows has stepped outside of the present moment and into downstream imagination about the revelation.
- Conscience will not harm itself, and so by extension it will not harm another. That is the only true and lasting way to stop harming others... to first see what we are doing, and then stop harming ourselves.
- The conditions that we identify with -- that we believe will complete us -- are actually the very source of suffering and the feeling of being incomplete.
- The real limitation is not in the problem, but is instead in being unable or unwilling to use the problem properly for more self-understanding.