Interview hosted by Jordan Rich of WBZ Radio in Boston
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009
Meeting: Friday, November 13, 2009
- Starting over: We are created to need the new, but we don't understand the newness that we seek and never truly start over because we ending up running the old cycles over again.
- Angels used to represent the ability to rise from one world to another -- we have the same capacity to awaken a new need to go to a higher world.
- To realize that every moment is a gift regardless of what it brings is the beginning of a fearless life.
- Fear is a possibility killer.
- Exercise: Stop, Drop, and Endure.
- Starting over - We are created to need the new. But we don't understand the newness that we seek. We don't really start over because we ending up running the old cycle over again.
- We often resolve to start over and make a change, whether it's in the New Year or the next week. What's the real secret to breaking our old patterns?
- We live in a world of infinite possibilities -- and yet we feel as though we're in a type of prison, which keeps us from starting life anew. Life is never not starting over. We belong to a much broader world whose very nature is newness itself. Wanting to fix yourself starts with telling yourself what's wrong, and what you need to do to start over. That level of self likes the reruns and the familiar sense of self and the feeling of hope that if I go over it enough times the ending will change.
- The clear, precise, authentic perception that is capable of seeing ourselves as we are already lives within us. When a fear appears in your heart and mind, what do you listen to? We don't listen to what's helpful and clear, we listen to fear, because it gets the adrenals pumping and ""proves"" itself so that we listen when it tells us what to do. Fear doesn't want to end itself, it wants to continue itself.
- Angels used to represent the ability to rise from one world to another. And we have the same capacity to awaken a new need to go to a higher world. Your need of something implies (proves) the existence of the thing needed. Your need of water proves its existence. When we have the need to start over it's because we have started to become conscious of the fact that we just stay the same. Nature itself shows us the constant cycle of need with the seasons, which allow the elements to transform as needed (such as the many forms of water, as gas, liquid).
- Ancient ideas such as metanoia are what begin to awaken the need for newness within us.
- Caller: I was diagnosed with diabetes a few weeks ago. It's true, you feel like you're in prison. When I get into a rut where I want to go eat a bar of chocolate, what do I do?
- GF: To realize that every moment is a gift regardless of what it brings is the beginning of a fearless life. A crisis is evidence of an overdue account. You can either hide from what life tells you or you can let the need for change be awakened. When you ring a bell, the vibration keeps going on long after you've struck. When you want to start over, you need to understand that there's a lot of vibration leftover from the old thoughts that are set in motion by desire from an old body. Exercise: Stop, Drop, and Endure. Recognize that something is trying to defeat you, drop the thoughts that are pushing you, and endure the nature that wants to drive you back into that pattern. Ask yourself -- is this thought here to serve me or steal from me? The clearer you see the need to be free of something, the easier it is to make the change.
- What do people ""think"" they're doing when they start over? Botox, plastic surgery, etc. Painting a car doesn't change the essence of it. A Christmas Carol: The pivotal point, the meaning of the movie, is when Scrooge says, ""You wouldn't show this to me if it weren't possible to change."" Any fear that tells you that you can't start over and make a true change in your nature is the very thing that is keeping you the same.
- Fear is a possibility killer. How long would we spend time in the company of someone who was always discouraging us. Those aren't friends -- and neither is the part of you that talks to you that way. We need to understand that there is something in us that doesn't want us to start over because if we make a new start that part of us knows it can't come along -- and it doesn't want to be left behind. It isn't easy -- but you have two choices. Stay the same or make an effort to be different. The sensation of fear and negative states is not you, just like hot water isn't you even though it causes the sensation of heat.
- Nothing in the universe can stand in the way of a man or woman who wants to understand the truth of themselves.