Talk 1: Freedom From the Fear of Feeling Powerless
- Real power isn't the ability to imagine an endless series of solutions to old problems, but to awaken the higher understanding that allows us to transcend the need we have to live with any painful problem at all.
- Just as no single wave exists that doesn't rise out of some greater body of water, so is it true that whatever seems to limit us must itself belong to a broader reality that -- once realized -- releases us from the illusion of our limitation.
Talk 2: Keys to Escaping Whatever Confines You
- See the storm lashed mountains, the wave tossed sea -- nothing is too much for them, all is as should be. So is it true for our Higher Nature: we are made for what happens to us.
- We stretch the ""boundaries"" of our life by daring to walk through the discomfort that confines us.
Talk 3: Withdraw From the World of Fear and Worry
- He forsakes himself who forgets that freedom is a choice that must be made now or never.
- You cannot dream the greatness of your own possibilities, but it is possible to dream them away.
Talk 4: Realize Your Power Over Painful Reactions
- Any attempt to control a reaction is a form of resistance to it, and opposition can never lead to liberation any more than pushing against the bars of a prison cell helps to put you on the other side of them.
- Anger is the negative outcome of meeting moments in life where we see that some positive quality of character imagined as being our own... isn't. Unfortunately, the fact of our condition is rarely seen because anger's brother -- whose name is ""resentment"" -- always shows up to blame who or whatever has shown us this truth.
Talk 5: Welcome Truth's Light and Make Everything Right for You
- Count the number of things about yourself that you've hidden from yourself (or others) and you also know how many fears stand between you and your potential to be effortlessly free.
- The only one who finds that life is truly without limits is the one who goes all the way to the end of his or her chosen endeavor.
Talk 6: The Secret of Giving Yourself a New Start in Life
- Nothing can go right for us in any moment gone ""wrong"" until we awaken, realize, and renew our relationship with the power of a higher set of possibilities.
- To know that every moment (regardless of how it comes wrapped) is a gift greater than you can give yourself, is to be well on your way to a life without fear.
Talk 7, Part 1: Living Without the Fear of Loss
- The truest form of art is to mold each moment around your understanding that nothing in the created universe has the right -- or the power -- to make you unhappy.
Talk 7, Part 2: End the Misery of Measuring Yourself
- One way to avoid at least a few unpleasant conversations is to never again talk to yourself!